WHO WE ARE
League for Societal Protection Against Drug Abuse (LESPADA) is a non-profit organisation whose mission is to enlighten and sensitize the general public on drugs and substance abuse. We motivate individuals and groups with programs and other resources to work to significantly reduce drug and substance abuse and addiction in the state.
Many in the northern part of Nigeria have been impacted by their own drug and substance abuse or addiction of those of loves ones, but few are aware of ways to address the problem.
Lespada seeks to enlighten and sensitize the public about the issues in hopes of motivating solutions both for the individual and the state.
Our motto is “Prevention, Intervention, Rehabilitation and Empowerment.”
Our Aims & Objectives
- To intervene, enlighten and sensitize the general public on the negative effects of abusing drugs.
- To alter the faith of our teaming youth impacted by drug and substance abuse and addiction.
- To motivated drug abusers for de-addiction and provide treatment for the admitted drug addicts.
- To liaise with the government on provision of psychosocial services for rehabilitation of drug and substance abusers.
- To establish skills acquisition centres for the training of rehabilitated victims of drug and substance abuse.
- To work towards youth mental health education and development and also inculcate moral responsibility towards themselves and the society.
- To provide empowerment to the rehabilitated victims through the provision of start-up capital in material and or cash.
Our Mission and Vision
- To significantly reduce drugs and substance abuse through sensitisation and enlightenment programs across the country.
- To intervene through rehabilitation and provision of skills acquisitions and empowerment programs.